Our policy for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- We are committed to the care and nurture of all our children, young people and vulnerable adults, as well as practising a respectful pastoral ministry towards all our Parishioners.
- We are committed to implementing this safeguarding policy and the procedures contained in the House of Bishops' publication "Protecting All God's Children (4th edition 2010)". We will follow St Albans Diocesan Procedures and recommended good practice in all matters and be responsive to local parish requirements.
- We will encourage a safe, caring community which provides a loving environment where there is a culture of 'informed vigilance' as to the dangers of abuse.
- We will respond without delay to every complaint made that a child or vulnerable adult may have been harmed. We will co-operate fully with the statutory agencies in every such situation and will not conduct our own investigations.
- We will offer informed pastoral care to any child or vulnerable adult member of our congregation who has suffered abuse.
- We will offer informed pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
- We will seek to challenge abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust within our church community.
- We will review our safeguarding policies annually so that all members are aware of their responsibilities.
- The PCC acknowledges its responsibility for all work with children, young people and vulnerable adults done in the name of the Church and requires all those engaged in such work to be properly appointed, trained and supported in accordance with the House of Bishops' Safeguarding Guidelines Relating to Safer Recruitment (Oct 2010).
Chriss Hewitt is our Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator. She may be contacted through our website http://www.stmaryseatonbray.org.uk/Contact/ or via the vicar 01525 220261.
The Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser is Jez Hirst. He may be contacted on 01727 818107, 07867 350886, or [email protected]
Agreed by PCC 14 November 2013. Last reviewed 8 November 2018