News Archive - January 2024
St Mary's PCC has applied to the diocese for permission to replace the existing lighting in the chancel, nave and side chapels.
Why do we want this project?
- Our current lights installed in 1991, are beginning to fail, creating dark areas in the church
- Modern lighting schemes can create softer and more versatile lighting to create a better ambience
- As we are a bronze level Eco-church, we wish to take further steps to improve our eco-credentials through installing a modern low-energy system.
- We would welcome lower energy bills!
Who is the contractor?
- CLS Electrical Services Ltd who have considerable experience in church lighting, have provided a proposal and technical scheme which can be seen by contacting the churchwarden.
You can download an easy read summary here.
How will we pay for it?
- We were fortunate to receive a significant legacy in 2021 which the PCC decided to use to fund this project.
Public comments are closed for this article, but you are welcome to send us your thoughts on this article via the Contact Us page.