Virtual Tour of St Mary's Church, Eaton Bray - Pages 55-56

 
 

The Bell Tower

Even on a 'virtual tour' it is not possible to visit the bell-tower, but this church has a ring of six bells, the oldest of which date from 1656.

The tenor weighs about 8 cwt. All the bells were recast and rehung, 1913-16, when the sixth was added to the original ring of five.

When the Village Hall was being built in 1964, the bell founding pits were discovered while the foundations were being dug.

 

Eaton Bray Church Tower

End of Section

 
Previous Page